Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Work Group Inc Idle Buddy Malware [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

justinla1918

justinla1918

• Pip
  • 2 posts

SOLVED: See second reply

Hello, I recently tried to download a program that would allow me to play a game in full screen because I was having issues. Needless to say it had some malware and adware that downloaded along with it. Through the use of anti malware and virus scans (malwarebytes and a few others) I was able to get rid of most of the malware. Unfortunately I am unable to get rid of one of the malware programs. In the windows 10 uninstall window, it is called Work Group Inc Product and it is by Work Group Inc. When I try to uninstall it, a window for Idle Buddy comes up where it prevents me from uninstalling the program. I have run the Farbar recovery scan tool and have both the  FRST and Addition files

Edit: I deleted the FRST and Addition files to make the post shorter

Edited by justinla1918, 28 July 2018 - 01:56 PM.

Advertisements

justinla1918

justinla1918

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

After running the farbar scan tool and restarting the computer, malwarebytes caught the malware and deleted it. I would just delete this post but I'm not sure how to lol. 

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.