Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Suggestions for an SSD

Best Answer MOAB , 28 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

MOAB, Sorry but having never heard of that brand I cannot give an opinion on it, I can though suggest an alternative 480GB SSD from a well known brand that will cost you less than... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

MOAB

MOAB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Currently using a 120Gb OCZ Arc 100. I couldn't say anything about its performance all I know is my PC boots faster, games loads quicker and tranfer rates are much better.

But 120Gb sure is not enough. Looking forward upgrading to a higher capacity and found this

Colorful SL500 320Gb

It is priced at $73.00 I mean it's the cheapest I can find. Gonna make the 120Gb as drive for OS and the 320Gb for games.
Would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks !

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,344 posts

:welcome:   MOAB,

Sorry but having never heard of that brand I cannot give an opinion on it, I can though suggest an alternative 480GB SSD from a well known brand that will cost you less than $80, see here

Gonna make the 120Gb as drive for OS and the 320Gb for games.

Dependant on what OS you are presently running as to whether or not I would recommend doing the above, any build that I do now includes a 256GB SSD just for the OS, this allows for the many security updates that will be released in the coming years + upgrading when the next version of Windows comes along.

MOAB

MOAB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   MOAB,

Sorry but having never heard of that brand I cannot give an opinion on it, I can though suggest an alternative 480GB SSD from a well known brand that will cost you less than $80, see here

Gonna make the 120Gb as drive for OS and the 320Gb for games.

Dependant on what OS you are presently running as to whether or not I would recommend doing the above, any build that I do now includes a 256GB SSD just for the OS, this allows for the many security updates that will be released in the coming years + upgrading when the next version of Windows comes along.

Wow that's a steal price from Adata. But I had a 256Gb SX900 from them before and its now a paperweight since it broke down just 5 months after use.

I am using Windows 10 and nothing else was installed in my C: and the 120Gb I have has 60Gb free space left so yes I would consider getting a larger capacity. Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,344 posts

Glad we could help and thank you for the follow up MOAB  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)