Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard and IMEI number

• Please log in to reply

AlphaDragon

AlphaDragon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So I bought an LG V10 to replace the one that my screen is shattered on the IMEI number of the one I bought is corrupt I was wondering if I change the motherboard from my broken screen phone to the one that is new with the IMEI number be transferred in the phone work or do I have to do something special or should I just replace the screen from one phone to the other

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Replacing the screen would be your best bet.

AlphaDragon

AlphaDragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
But the screen and the digatizer are one peace

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Yep. And they'll be running on the old 'motherboard' with the legit IMEI.

AlphaDragon

AlphaDragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The IMEI of the new phone is corrupt so there's something wrong with the motherboard in the new phone that's why I was wondering if I could just replace the motherboard

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Yes, the motherboard in some smartphones can be replaced.

AlphaDragon

AlphaDragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
So if I take the motherboard out of my working smartphone where the digitizer and the screen are connected and put it in the exact same model phone would it transfer everything automatically example the the IMEI number Etc it's an LG V10

AlphaDragon

AlphaDragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
So if I take the motherboard out of my working smartphone where the digitizer and the screen are connected and put it in the exact same model phone would it transfer everything automatically example the the IMEI number Etc it's an LG V10

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

More than likely, yes. As long as the IMEI (and SIM if applicable) are the same, it should be fine.