Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows10 all disjointed following reset, taskbar unusable

cannot place icons in taskbar no programs show open

• Please log in to reply

baileyss1943

baileyss1943

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have had to reset my Windows 10 previously and everything worked fine afterwards, once all programs installed after the original windows 10 installation were reinstalled.  This time when the reset program finished, Windows 10 is corrupted.  All previous settings for Win 10 were deleted, attempts to redo settings do not work,  No program icons can be placed in the taskbar, when you open a program it does not show on the taskbar, if you open a window in any program and try to reduce it to open another window, you lose the window you were trying to save.

My windows 10 Home version was installed over Win 8.1 in the first summer MS began upgrading Win 8.1 and has function fairly well although the help program never loaded.  The virtual help assistant is a total loss on this situation.

This computer was built with the assistance of G2G in 2014 it has a MSI A88X-G43 FM2 AMD A88X Bolton D4 Motherboard w/ HDMI

Corsair 430W 12V power supply

AMD A6 7400  Radeon R5, 6core 2C+4G 350 Hrz  CPU

2 GSkill Sniper 4GB, 249 pin DDR3 memory 8GB total

WD 10EZZEX 1TB 7200RPM 64MB casch SATA6 gbs Hard disk

48" Monitor HDMI

WD 10 EZEX 1 TB 7200RPM external backup.

Any help anyone can give me toward solving this problem would be much appreciated!!

Sid Old Railroad Geek

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts

baileyss1943/oldrailroadgeek

You already have a GTG account, can I ask why you have created another, doing so is in breach of the GTG Terms of Use

Each forum member may have only one account.

Please start a new thread using your original account here thank you for understanding.

baileyss1943

baileyss1943

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

With my system being in such I have been unable to locate my password file and was unable to log in under my old account they would have sent a recovery code to my yahoo email account which I am also unable to open due to forgotten password.  So I opened a new account not understanding that that was a no, no.  I am sorry, I will close the other account as soon as I can regain access.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

With all your issues, I would recommend backing up your data and performing a fresh clean install of Windows. If this is something you are willing to do then I can provide further guidance or if you would rather try some possible repairs we can do that as well. Let me know how you would like to continue.