Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can I install a newer version of Windows

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,265 posts

Really not sure why you are having so much trouble with this tbh, you cant download and directly install Windows 10 on the XP computer but you should be able to use the download for use on another computer option, is this the option that you have been selecting.

Tip

If using a computer and not a mobile phone, please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page. 

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

I don't know why I'm having so many problems with the downloaded Windows 10 programs but I think that I'll just buy the Windows 10 disk in a couple of weeks and hope for the best.  Thanks for all your help.  It was much appreciated.  I'll let you know how it works out.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,265 posts

Bit of a strange one this, good thing that it has only cost you your time and no financial outlay, if you can spare the time I would try the USB option again.

You are welcome and please do keep us posted  :thumbsup:

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

I downloaded Rufus 2.18 again and received the same error message:  Exception Processing Message c00000a3 Parameters 7c7df5f8 9cc8dcf8 737df5f8 737df58.  The thumb drive is in the USB port and shows up under My Computer.  In the event that Rufus did work, there's no Windows 10 .iso file to put on it.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,265 posts

Had no idea what that error meant so used Google, some suggestions at the link here

Have you checked in your downloads folder for the ISO.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

I did a search for .iso on all drives and and the results produced 2 .iso files, neither one associated with Windows 10.  Trying to burn an .iso disk/thumb drive was worth a shot and I put a number of hours into it but I'm just going to wait a couple of weeks and buy a Windows 10 DVD. Thanks very much, though.  I'll let you know how it works with my hardware.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,265 posts

No problem and thank you for keeping us updated  :thumbsup: