Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which OOA&D methodologies are prominent in the market today?

ooad object uml methodology

• Please log in to reply

piovezan

piovezan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Several OOA&D methodologies exist, e.g the ones involved in the object-oriented method wars of the 90's (Booch, Rumbaugh, etc) culminating in the creation of the UML notation, among others.

I see (in Brazil) that the interest on UML (and thus on OOA&D) has faded since the 2000's. Although undergraduate courses still teach some OOA&D method, I feel development teams are doing ad hoc design mixed with the "next silver bullet" that is agile development (I know that UML and agile are orthogonal, I'm just reporting my feeling from looking at the job ads).

Are OOA&D methodologies still prominent today among development teams? If so what are they called? If they are less prominent in general what are the teams doing, just ad hoc design?

A final question, if methodologies are less prominent today, why is that so?

Edited by piovezan, 13 August 2018 - 07:41 AM.

Advertisements