Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BootDevice Not Found. Hard Disk -(3F0)

• Please log in to reply

Felkellm

Felkellm

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have an HP elitebook given to our shelter from another organization. When I power on the computer, it automatically does a hard drive run option, which passes; then. it comes up with "BootDevice Not Found.
Please install an operating system on your hard disk,
Hard Disk - (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics
For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup"

Please help! :(

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

:welcome:    Felkellm,

I have an HP elitebook given to our shelter from another organization.

They may have formatted the hard drive before giving you the computer which would not be out of the ordinary, some HP troubleshooting steps here

Felkellm

Felkellm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome:    Felkellm,

I have an HP elitebook given to our shelter from another organization.

They may have formatted the hard drive before giving you the computer which would not be out of the ordinary, some HP troubleshooting steps here

I've tried all of these options; looked at over 30 YouTube videos, and none of this works. We have four computers all with the same issue, so I'm certain it's highly unlikely that all of the computers have busted hard drives. Plus, in all of the videos I've found, the BIOS system doesn't look anything like the one I have on these computers. If only they could make it easier to "Legacy Boot". There are too many options to choose the correct one from my current view of the computer. Any other options? 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
 We have four computers all with the same issue, so I'm certain it's highly unlikely that all of the computers have busted hard drives. 

Hard drives that have been formatted are not "busted" they have had all of the data on them erased which as said is not out of the ordinary, data protection etc.

If only they could make it easier to "Legacy Boot".

The user manual for any particular model of HP elitebook will tell you how to do this, UEFI BIOS became the norm from Windows 8 computers onwards, have you checked for a  recovery partition by tapping the F11 key when powering up.