Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to tell if my Android device is rooted?

• Please log in to reply

Evall

Evall

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Guys, how can I check and see if my phone is rooted? Who knows? 

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

https://www.androidc...my-phone-rooted

Evall

Evall

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Thanks

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

:thumbsup: No problem.

jamesmehraa

jamesmehraa

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Or just download rootchecker app from play store. Open it and just follow the instructions. It will tell you whether your phone is rooted or not. 

Udiloro

Udiloro

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Great options mentioned above. Actually, there are a few ways, for example, you can download an app (there are plenty of such apps available now). Also, you can find out a lot of useful tips in this article https://safe-root.co...-rooted-or-not/

Edited by Udiloro, 05 September 2018 - 03:24 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Great options mentioned above. Actually, there are a few ways, for example, you can download an app (there are plenty of such apps available now). Also, you can find out a lot of useful tips in this article https://safe-root.co...-rooted-or-not/

Heads up: MBAM popped up more than one mspy.com warnings when going to that safe-root.com page.

gtg_Udiloro_MBAMwarning_20180909_01.jpg

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Rootchecker app might help you.

aldousacker

aldousacker

• Pip
  • 8 posts

When the above methods are not applicable in your specific situation, download and install a “terminal” client on the phone.

• Open the terminal, if you see “#”, then the phone has root access.
  • If there’s “$” instead of “#”, then your phone is still not in superuser mode, but it doesn’t mean it’s not rooted. Type “su” and if the device won’t recognize it, it signifies the phone is not rooted yet.