One of my friends asked me to look into some issues he has with his PC. His primary symptom was that he could not attach any file into an email any more as this generated a Windows
BSOD....he experienced this both in his Thunderbird email as in Gmail...
I start looking into this and i saw literally tons of events in the windows event logs, always the same message:
"smb 1.XXX driver win 7 fails to start " (i translate this as the PC runs Win 7 32 bit Prof in Dutch language).
I also saw that at every boot, there is a pop up window saying " Execution of a windows host script failed". It is not clear to me if this is linked to the BSOD...i tried various actions for this based
upon what i could find on the web but this message remains. If it is not linked to the BSOD, then it is clearly less important.
What have i done so far:
- Installed all Win7 updates up to now
- Did a Win 7 clean start but without any change to the blue screen
- Started Win 7 in safe mode with networking (to get to Gmail to try it) but still a BSOD.
- Ran a sfc /scannow command but that did not gave any errors
- Ran the command "sc config srv start= demand" to try to repair the driver but no change in the behavior.
- i have ran a Farbar scan and will attach the 2 files below.
Other than this, the PC runs fine but obviously not being able to attach a file is a hurdle and there is something clearly wrong.
Any other ideas what i could try out ?