Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can malware/ransomware spread via tablet on wifi?

• Please log in to reply

baymax

baymax

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a set up of connected PCs on a wired network. I am trying to reduce the risk getting malware on my PCs. If I use an android tablet(via wifi) connected to the internet to screen my gmail, surf the net, watch movies or play games, can I potentially spread malware to my wired PCs or is this method a good method to reduce the risk of infecting my data on my wired network? The PCs are wired to the router as well. Once the tablet opens the emails and I see that they are legitimate emails, I will open them on the PCs.

Advertisements