Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safe communication

• Please log in to reply

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Hey everyone, 

I am looking for some good way to safely communicate using fully secured apps or services.

Can anyone advise something I am looking for?

Will appreciate experienced responses.

Advertisements

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

WhatsApp and Signal both have end to end encryption 

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Operators of WhatsApphas ability to read all the messages and get access to all data.

This is completely unsafe option for me.

jamesmehraa

jamesmehraa

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Operators of WhatsApphas ability to read all the messages and get access to all data.

Whatsapp is completely secure because it is an end to end encryption service provider.

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Whatsapp is completely secure because it is an end to end encryption service provider.

Founder of Telegram Durov said it's unsafe.

Almighty_Denny

Almighty_Denny

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

What about Riot.im? It's a much safer open-source alternative to WhatsApp and also features end-to-end encryption (just be sure to enable it in its settings) and you don't need to expose your phone number.

Also if you're really into security and privacy, disable location sharing on your phone and use a VPN to connect.

EdwardRees

EdwardRees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

What about Riot.im? It's a much safer open-source alternative to WhatsApp and also features end-to-end encryption (just be sure to enable it in its settings) and you don't need to expose your phone number.

Also if you're really into security and privacy, disable location sharing on your phone and use a VPN to connect.

How can I find mobile version? Is it truly safe? 

rashmitabaliyarsingh

rashmitabaliyarsingh

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

For every safe Communication all you need is check the safety first of your software the terms and conditions their protocols sometime the third party app are also involved that is it is available to the third party also, so always make sure for the end to end encryption.