Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it possible to upgrade my Lenovo Yoga 2 Laptop for certian games?

Best Answer phillpower2 , 06 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

Hello Finding.Replacing, The information that you already have is correct, the CPU and GPU on the Lenovo Yoga 2 notebook are way below what are required for Planet Coaster and depending on whi... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

I am debating on upgrading (if possible), or waiting to get a gaming PC. My Lenovo is not a gaming type computer at all, not even for basic games. I just want to be able to play Planet Coaster and a few other games. I have a gaming PC, but I cannot take it back and forth at the places I stay. I used systemrequirements.org. I know this may be a waste of time, but I had to ask and clarify. Thank you.

Info Attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2018-09-04 My Computer Details CPU RAM Computer components.png
  • Screenshot_2018-09-04 Planet Coaster Requirements Test(1).png
  • Screenshot_2018-09-04 Planet Coaster Requirements Test.png

Edited by Finding.Replacing, 04 September 2018 - 01:59 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
✓  Best Answer
Hello Finding.Replacing,

The information that you already have is correct, the CPU and GPU on the Lenovo Yoga 2 notebook are way below what are required for Planet Coaster and depending on which particular model of Lenovo Yoga 2 it is that you have there may be no upgrade path from 4GB to the required 8GB of RAM** that is required for Planet Coaster.

** Noticed that you do have 8GB of RAM on your particular Lenovo Yoga 2 notebook so please disregard RAM info above. 

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

And its okay.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

You are welcome  :)

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with such as putting a parts list together etc.