Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

webcam videos distorted, can't see them

• Please log in to reply

skiponline

skiponline

• Pip
  • 4 posts

When I record a video with my webcam, I can't see them when they playback, they are completely distorted, the audio is fine

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 21,016 posts
  • MVP

Need more information:

What version of Windows?

What webcam?

What software are you using to record with?

What program do you try to watch the video with?

Look at the properties of one of your video files.  What extension does it have?

ankit3302

ankit3302

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

One of the very first step is of course to check your webcam connection. Most webcams use the USB port to connect to the PC, so check if your USB cable is properly plugged. For build-in webcams this steps does of course not apply. 

The next thing is to do is to check your Windows Device Manager and see if all hardware is recognized and installed properly. Use the Scan for hardware changes in the Action menu to make sure Windows lists all available hardware devices.

Lastly, if your webcam’s image is not sharp, check to see if it has a focus ring. A blurry image can sometimes simply mean the webcam is not in focus. Adjusting the focus through the ring can solve that problem