Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my controller card failing?

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Just a drive, one that I have been using for a few years that has files on it.  I'm connecting one at a time as I turn off my pc.  I'm thinking of taking the new drive to a pc repair shop in town where I live to see if they can determine if it's bad, just out of curiosity.  I bought it about 6-8 months ago as a backup in case one of my drives failed.  I have all my files backed up on external hard drives so if a hard drive in my computer fails, I just remove it, install a new one and copy the backup files onto it.  I've never had a bad new hard drive before.  I swear by WD hard drives.  Some of mine are 10+ years old and they get a lot of use.

I want to thank you for all your help.  I couldn't have done it without you.  I loved XP x64 but it was becoming a dinosaur.  I held onto it for as long as I could but it was becoming less and less compatible with the internet.  So I appreciate all your advice and patience . . .  thanks very, very much.

P.S.  I installed Classic Shell so at least my Start Menu still looks like XP  :)

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Does latency monitor still complain?

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

After the speed of my computer picked up, I uninstalled it.  You understood the test results but I didn't.  Would you like me to install it again and post the report again?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Yes please.

Latency Monitor:

Go to

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Scroll down to

System Monitoring Tools

and then find

LatencyMon 6.70 (or it may be a higher number if they update)

Click on Download free home edition

Save it then right click and Run As Admin.  It will install and then start the program.  
It will tell you to click on the Start button but there isn't one.  
Instead click on the green arrowhead (looks like a Play button).   Let it run for at least 20 seconds.  Then hit the red box to stop it.

Edit, Copy Report text to Clipboard then move to a REPLY and Ctrl + v to paste the text into a reply.

What caused the PC to speed up?

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:02:06  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        KINGKONG
OS version:                                           Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64)
Hardware:                                             EP45-DQ6, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Logical processors:                                   4
Processor groups:                                     1
RAM:                                                  4094 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed:                                   240 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   11362.579432
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   68.849123

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       9146.125536
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       36.533338

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              5453.42250
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.035817
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.052650

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   25688
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                2
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              1
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              3
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              9168.663750
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.415580
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         ntoskrnl.exe - NT Kernel & System, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.619833

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   31037
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                137
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              61
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              583
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 latmon.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       45
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          14
Number of processes hit:                              9

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       7.213545
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                5453.42250
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.265335
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      25631
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                9168.663750
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.853609
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      26289
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.258469
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                51.588750
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.000548
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      65
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                5758.151250
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.632711
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      4045
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       2.591083
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                6207.92250
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.395182
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      1172
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       2.440483
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                6206.46750
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.248653
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      531

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I don't know what made my computer speed up, it just did.  I only installed a few program such as CCleaner, Office 7, WinZip, etc.  I installed the driver that you asked me to put on a thumb drive but it was running faster before I installed it.  Maybe "fast" to me is "fast" because XP was slow?  I don't know.  After Win 10 installed, I went into Device Manager and tried to update drivers but there were no driver updates except for NVIDIA and it downloaded it but said that it couldn't install it because "Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device.  Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them." 

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I would try updating the video driver from the maker's page.  The latest is version 416.34 which was just release Oct 11.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

You will have to select the following:

Should take you to:

https://www.geforce..../results/138697

When you click on the top result.  This is an exe file so just save it then Right Click and Run As Administrator  (You have to do this a lot in Win 10 as just being logged in as administrator isn't good enough)

Then reboot and see what Latency Monitor has to say.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

CONCLUSION
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:02:53  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        KINGKONG
OS version:                                           Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64)
Hardware:                                             EP45-DQ6, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
CPU:                                                  GenuineIntel Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Logical processors:                                   4
Processor groups:                                     1
RAM:                                                  4094 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed:                                   240 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   11211.122977
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   78.958175

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       10693.594638
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs):       48.256079

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              4141.3650
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       ataport.SYS - ATAPI Driver Extension, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.053530
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.079215

ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   53264
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                7
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              1
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              7
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              8856.150
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          0.485169
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         ntoskrnl.exe - NT Kernel & System, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          0.803652

DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   68094
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                236
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              115
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              1118
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count:                 firefox.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults                       9599
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process:          4714
Number of processes hit:                              38

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       10.570208
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs):                4141.3650
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.523495
CPU 0 ISR count:                                      51409
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs):                8856.150
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s):                   1.534144
CPU 0 DPC count:                                      50993
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       5.168435
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs):                2779.25250
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.025365
CPU 1 ISR count:                                      1871
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs):                8324.651250
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s):                   2.653829
CPU 1 DPC count:                                      13265
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.793484
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 2 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs):                6217.346250
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.844495
CPU 2 DPC count:                                      3059
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s):                       3.606561
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs):                0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s):                   0.0
CPU 3 ISR count:                                      0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs):                6093.3750
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s):                   0.535812
CPU 3 DPC count:                                      2531

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Might be that you just need a bit more memory.  4 GB is a bit small.  Any chance of adding at least 4 GB more?

What does Process Explorer say for Interrupts?  Is it still over 1.4?  That's usually a bad driver.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I'll buy more RAM in a few months.  I have .avi files stored on my hard drives.  I checked to see if there was a problem viewing them and they play fine, no skips, etc.

I downloaded Process Explorer from here but haven't installed it yet:  https://docs.microso...rocess-explorer

Is this what I need to install?

Edit:

I ran Process Explorer.  This is the report:

Process    CPU    Private Bytes    Working Set    PID    Description    Company Name    Verified Signer
Registry        1,204 K    25,576 K    104            
System Idle Process    80.10    52 K    8 K    0            
System    1.64    192 K    848 K    4            
 Interrupts    4.65    0 K    0 K    n/a    Hardware Interrupts and DPCs        
 smss.exe        500 K    948 K    404            
 Memory Compression        712 K    260,568 K    2500            
csrss.exe        1,700 K    4,000 K    596            
csrss.exe    1.99    2,488 K    4,504 K    688            
wininit.exe        1,320 K    4,880 K    716            
 services.exe        4,628 K    7,528 K    840            
  svchost.exe        996 K    3,256 K    1004    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        10,692 K    23,532 K    72    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
   ShellExperienceHost.exe    Suspended    39,416 K    57,712 K    6096    Windows Shell Experience Host    Microsoft Corporation    
   SearchUI.exe        111,208 K    94,596 K    5644    Search and Cortana application    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        5,516 K    18,388 K    5848    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        7,416 K    20,692 K    1320    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        4,364 K    22,176 K    4864    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   SkypeHost.exe    Suspended    4,628 K    9,656 K    6552    Microsoft Skype    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        1,444 K    5,704 K    6424    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   ApplicationFrameHost.exe        43,024 K    34,480 K    2200    Application Frame Host    Microsoft Corporation    
   OpenWith.exe        7,536 K    27,200 K    8384    Pick an app    Microsoft Corporation    
   Microsoft.Photos.exe    Suspended    133,996 K    44,392 K    8408            
   RuntimeBroker.exe        5,020 K    15,084 K    6868    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   SystemSettings.exe    Suspended    31,288 K    49,856 K    9948    Settings    Microsoft Corporation    
   MicrosoftEdge.exe    Suspended    36,308 K    52,936 K    1924    Microsoft Edge    Microsoft Corporation    
   browser_broker.exe        1,964 K    8,140 K    8864    Browser_Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        1,796 K    6,160 K    9168    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe    Suspended    5,304 K    19,352 K    9080    Microsoft Edge Content Process    Microsoft Corporation    
   MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe    Suspended    6,076 K    21,148 K    9684    Microsoft Edge Content Process    Microsoft Corporation    
   HxCalendarAppImm.exe    Suspended    32,424 K    46,420 K    2476    Microsoft Outlook Calendar    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        3,112 K    14,280 K    5600    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   HxTsr.exe    Suspended    6,280 K    24,588 K    3232    Microsoft Outlook Communications    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        3,808 K    8,144 K    9504    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   WinStore.App.exe    Suspended    60,552 K    72,340 K    6864    Store    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        5,472 K    14,740 K    8616    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
   Video.UI.exe    Suspended    35,416 K    58,600 K    1084            
   dllhost.exe        3,416 K    12,360 K    1540    COM Surrogate    Microsoft Corporation    
   smartscreen.exe        19,192 K    29,712 K    9632    Windows Defender SmartScreen    Microsoft Corporation    
   RuntimeBroker.exe        2,256 K    8,784 K    1104    Runtime Broker    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        6,544 K    11,584 K    528    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,748 K    7,056 K    600    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,176 K    7,856 K    1144    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,024 K    8,152 K    1232    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,644 K    5,256 K    1244    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,624 K    4,792 K    1252    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        6,020 K    12,384 K    1372    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
   taskhostw.exe        9,820 K    19,468 K    4084    Host Process for Windows Tasks    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,540 K    8,644 K    1448    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,044 K    10,744 K    1480    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  WUDFHost.exe        2,092 K    5,988 K    1528            
  svchost.exe        2,508 K    8,316 K    1560    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
   sihost.exe        13,120 K    32,460 K    976    Shell Infrastructure Host    Microsoft Corporation    
    PaintStudio.View.exe    Suspended    77,676 K    57,528 K    9664            
  svchost.exe        12,932 K    11,392 K    1612    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        4,088 K    15,404 K    1648    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        9,416 K    13,640 K    1692    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        4,508 K    5,608 K    1772    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  NVDisplay.Container.exe        5,240 K    11,832 K    1800    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation    
   NVDisplay.Container.exe    < 0.01    24,368 K    21,704 K    4348            
  svchost.exe        2,336 K    6,428 K    1824    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        4,228 K    10,152 K    1956    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,684 K    7,608 K    2008    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,536 K    7,508 K    2088    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,332 K    4,896 K    2228    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    44,756 K    50,180 K    2236    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,900 K    6,320 K    2244    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,832 K    6,664 K    2312    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,972 K    6,364 K    2364    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,812 K    7,840 K    2372    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,884 K    6,568 K    2428    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,532 K    15,324 K    2548    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
   audiodg.exe        6,444 K    11,116 K    8976            
  svchost.exe        7,168 K    13,936 K    2676    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,332 K    7,588 K    2708    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,660 K    5,144 K    2716    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,756 K    11,432 K    2796    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  spoolsv.exe        5,748 K    10,652 K    2864    Spooler SubSystem App    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,976 K    7,076 K    2908    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,596 K    11,576 K    2204    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        9,268 K    21,676 K    2180    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,636 K    5,272 K    2360    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    4,416 K    8,056 K    2412    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        4,328 K    17,476 K    2456    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe    < 0.01    5,912 K    13,052 K    2584    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,772 K    5,688 K    2628    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        23,844 K    28,960 K    1940    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,364 K    4,516 K    2724    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  MsMpEng.exe    0.35    139,456 K    103,980 K    2756    Antimalware Service Executable    Microsoft Corporation    
  savcp.exe        3,508 K    10,276 K    2900            
  svchost.exe        3,140 K    9,540 K    3248    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,356 K    4,360 K    3304    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  SecurityHealthService.exe        4,036 K    11,680 K    3400    Windows Security Health Service    Microsoft Corporation    
  nvcontainer.exe    0.12    10,216 K    23,008 K    3540    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation    
   nvcontainer.exe    < 0.01    22,328 K    25,340 K    1116    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,384 K    7,728 K    3560    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  NvTelemetryContainer.exe    0.10    5,140 K    11,540 K    3632    NVIDIA Container    NVIDIA Corporation    
  svchost.exe        4,184 K    17,700 K    3668    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,364 K    9,472 K    3844    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,312 K    4,632 K    3916    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        6,220 K    15,804 K    1500    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  NisSrv.exe        4,904 K    7,172 K    2252    Microsoft Network Realtime Inspection Service    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        6,512 K    25,220 K    4876    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,768 K    6,592 K    2192    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
   ctfmon.exe        6,104 K    13,220 K    1628            
  svchost.exe        3,264 K    13,532 K    988    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,888 K    13,184 K    5152    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  SearchIndexer.exe    < 0.01    25,812 K    26,588 K    2920    Microsoft Windows Search Indexer    Microsoft Corporation    
   SearchProtocolHost.exe        1,844 K    7,380 K    3164    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host    Microsoft Corporation    
   SearchFilterHost.exe        1,348 K    6,148 K    1348            
  svchost.exe        2,248 K    8,316 K    4828    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe    0.09    7,964 K    16,276 K    7260    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,860 K    6,272 K    7300    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        5,780 K    17,852 K    7392    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        17,672 K    31,144 K    7604    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,188 K    8,148 K    7824    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,232 K    6,276 K    3192    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,012 K    7,492 K    8032    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  SgrmBroker.exe        2,652 K    4,536 K    4272    System Guard Runtime Monitor Broker Service    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,716 K    9,564 K    8524    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,936 K    7,620 K    8712    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,128 K    8,556 K    3588    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        3,828 K    18,836 K    1964    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        1,656 K    7,120 K    6136    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,808 K    10,996 K    5248    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
  svchost.exe        2,072 K    7,540 K    8904    Host Process for Windows Services    Microsoft Corporation    
 lsass.exe    0.12    6,952 K    15,192 K    848    Local Security Authority Process    Microsoft Corporation    
 fontdrvhost.exe        1,596 K    2,432 K    952            
winlogon.exe        2,536 K    8,576 K    756            
 fontdrvhost.exe        4,260 K    6,520 K    960            
 dwm.exe    1.88    70,156 K    51,296 K    832            
explorer.exe    0.05    78,348 K    126,388 K    5224    Windows Explorer    Microsoft Corporation    
 MSASCuiL.exe        1,948 K    8,324 K    6748    Windows Defender notification icon    Microsoft Corporation    
 OneDrive.exe        25,952 K    52,512 K    7072    Microsoft OneDrive    Microsoft Corporation    
 firefox.exe    0.42    164,212 K    193,200 K    4608    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
  firefox.exe    0.43    50,396 K    45,472 K    6560    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
  firefox.exe    < 0.01    127,376 K    78,452 K    7896    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
  firefox.exe        45,264 K    45,812 K    7516    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
  firefox.exe    0.02    135,388 K    146,520 K    5240    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
  firefox.exe    0.68    232,996 K    199,216 K    7968    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
  firefox.exe        92,112 K    72,240 K    1140    Firefox    Mozilla Corporation    
 WINZIP32.EXE        30,556 K    54,340 K    4104    WinZip    WinZip Computing, S.L.    
  procexp64.exe    7.13    25,064 K    56,976 K    5256    Sysinternals Process Explorer    Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com    
CCleaner64.exe    0.01    11,308 K    25,428 K    7104            
Webshots.scr        4,988 K    11,028 K    6220    Webshots Photo Manager    Webshots.com    
NVIDIA Web Helper.exe    0.21    31,804 K    2,556 K    7748    NVIDIA Web Helper Service    Node.js    
 conhost.exe        5,436 K    524 K    7800    Console Window Host    Microsoft Corporation    

Edited by Denisejm, 15 October 2018 - 12:14 PM.

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I've just run into a new problem.  Yesterday, I bought another hard drive, connected it to my pc, formatted it, labelled it Drive D and moved files onto it.  It worked with no problems all day yesterday.  This morning, when I started up my pc, it wouldn't get past Verifying DMI Pool Data.  I shut down my pc, disconnect the hard drives that I had connected except my C drive and started connecting one at a time again.  The hard drive that was causing Windows to stop loading to my desktop was Drive D and 3 others are no longer recognized in My Computer and Disk Management.  This happened before I installed the NVIDIA driver this morning so it had nothing to do with that.

Do you have any idea what's going on?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Process Explorer show very high Interrupt so system will be slow.  Run Latency Monitor and look on the drivers tab.  Click on Total Execution Time twice to sort thing witht he worst drivers at the top then look in the Driver File Column.  What are the 5 top drivers?

Are these drives attached to your 8 port device or are they directly connected to the motherboard?

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

The top drivers are:

Driver File              Description

ntoskml.exe           NT Kernel & System

dxgkrnl.sys            DirectX Graphics Kernel

nvlddmkm.sys       NVIDIA Windows Kern Mode Driver, Version 416.34

rspLLL64.sts         Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library

USBPORT.SYS    USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver

It doesn't mentiion any hard drives

Edit:  I went into Device Manager and tried to update all the drivers but each one said that the most up-to-date driver is already installed.

Edited by Denisejm, 16 October 2018 - 08:18 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Open an elevated command prompt:

http://www.howtogeek...-in-windows-10/

(If you open an elevated Command Prompt properly it will say Administrator: Command Prompt in the margin at the top of the window)

Once you have an elevated command prompt:

Type:

DISM  /Online  /Cleanup-Image  /RestoreHealth

(I use two spaces so you can be sure to see where one space goes.)
Hit Enter.  This will take a while (10-20 minutes) to complete.  Once the prompt returns:

Reboot.  Open an elevated Command Prompt again and type (with an Enter after the line):

sfc  /scannow

This will also take a few minutes.  

When it finishes it will say one of the following:

Windows did not find any integrity violations (a good thing)
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them (a good thing)
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them (not a good thing)

If you get the last result then type:
findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  %UserProfile%\desktop\junk.txt

Hit Enter.  Then type::

notepad %UserProfile%\desktop\junk.txt

Hit Enter.

Copy the text from notepad and paste it into a reply.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

DISM  /Online  /Cleanup-Image  /RestoreHealth

The operation completed successfully.

sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.