Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sony Vaio Laptop Hard Drive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Hello there,

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 at the end of 2016 with the aid of this forum and have been using it every since without any major problems. However, I am aware that all this time Crystal Disk Info has been showing that the hard drive has been showingsigns of failing.

Please could somebody look at the following Crystal Disk reports let me know whether the drive has deteriorated very much since Windows 10 was installed.

Here is the report just after the upgrade:

2016.10.16.jpg

And here is the latest:

2018.09.17.jpg

Many thanks,

Chris.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,302 posts

Hello Chris,

The drive looks to be in pretty much the same condition in each screenshot tbh.

Stick to your back up regime and keep an eye on the CrystalDisk info readings, if the reallocated sector count starts dropping or you get any other amber warnings I would suggest you replace the HDD, you will be able to use your cloning skills  :thumbsup:

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,370 posts

The temp in the 2nd one is a little warmer. It could just be you took the screen shot after the laptop had been on a longer time.