Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me with a fixit.txt?

Best Answer phillpower2 , 25 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

I never received notification of your previous reply for some reason so apologies for the delay, best course of action is for you to follow the GTG malware redirection info below; I suspect th... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

darkmj16

darkmj16

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

soooo... i think i removed the malware i got but im not that confident as computer language isnt something ive really learned. its just a little to complex for me. but anyways i run the farbar tool and looking at the frst.txt and addiation.txt i think im a little concerned. and reading the guide did not help me, it made me more scared to try and build a fixit.txt. i really dont want to do a full system restore. can some one please help? ive attached both files. also what does the FSS tool used for? i forget its been so long since ive had to deal with this. thanks for any help.

Edited by darkmj16, 14 October 2018 - 10:00 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

:welcome:    darkmj16,

.. i think i removed the malware i got 

FRST logs should only be post on the Malware Removal forums as they are not used outside of there.

Couple of questions for you, the answers to which will determine if your thread will be moved to the Malware Removal forum so that a properly trained security expert can help you.

How did you determine that your computer was infected with malware.

What if any computer problems are you having at present.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

thank you. sorry about the wrong posting spot. to answer your questions it started when i found some programs installed that i did not install. im the only user on this computer. removed the programs, ran avg spybot mmbs and they found some things. removed them. scanned again and all good. but then some icons started to disappear. or some processes wouldnt start. or avg would send a notice that a program was trying to disable it. then when i wold try to re-able the missing icons it led me to having to edit the reg. ran more scans, 1 or 2 things found, removed. but still same problems. not as much this time tho. but since the 1st time, i havent downloaded anything.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

weird things are happening on my computer now. so can anyone help me?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
✓  Best Answer

I never received notification of your previous reply for some reason so apologies for the delay, best course of action is for you to follow the GTG malware redirection info below;

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

will do thanks. all the scans keep coming up clean though. but mostly atm my settings are constantly changing. and when i have disabled them.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Busy place the malware forum but rest assured one of the experts there will get back to you soon, good luck darkmj16  :thumbsup: