Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

invalid backweb application id 1940576

• Please log in to reply

rascal100

rascal100

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a new member, I hope someone will help me.

On startup I get a message of Invalid backweb application ID 1940576.

How do I get rid of it?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
BackWeb is an auto-update software that comes with vendors like HP/Compaq, Kodak, Logitech, and others that is installed to "Update" your programs via the internet

Now, you need to go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and look for any program that looks like an "Updater" for the programs mentionned above. Uninstall them (Remove). Then, download SpyBot Search and Destroy,

http://www.filehippo...re/antispyware/

update it (crucial) and run it. You will see a lot of entries with check marks next to them, ready for "fixing", and a lot of "BackWeb lite" entries that won't have check marks. Put check marks next to everything (right-click one, and choose "Select All" and have SpyBot fix everything.

If you ran a SpyWare removal tool like SpyBot or AdAware and partially removed the program, then you can get this error. Also, look for it in your Startup folder and delete.

Edited by Keith, 18 June 2005 - 09:15 PM.