Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want to start over in game app, but it won't let me :(

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

The game is War Robots and I have been playing for the past year on an Android device. My gaming habits on this app has been to play up to level 30, then I would start over again from scratch.

Until now, the process for doing that was to access settings, then apps, select War Robots then storage. From storage, I would "clear cache", then "clear data" then restart the app and find everything reset to the beginning - level 1, base robots and weapons, etc.  I have done that 20+ times in the last year without any problems.

I tried again today - following the same steps I always follow - and found that when I restart the app, it is reloading my previous profile and game progress.  That has never happened before.

Additional steps I  have taken to try and get a fresh restart are; 1) after deleting cache and date, I uninstalled then reinstalled the app - no luck! 2) I removed the primary e-mail account I was using to download games from the Google Play Store.  Created a new e-mail account, then made that my primary account and downloaded/installed War Robots under the new e-mail account.  Still no luck - it reloaded my previous profile and progress again.

Also, when I first started playing War Robots, it recommends that you sign up for a Google Play account.  That way you will never lose your progress in the game.  I purposefully avoided signing up for a Google Play Games account because I specifically wanted to have the ability to start this game over again once I hit a certain level.  So, that should not be the culprit.

I am at a loss to explain how this game app is able to continually reload my previous profile and game progress when I have done all of these steps.

Any ideas or suggestions, or explanations is much appreciate.

Thanks!

Advertisements