Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re: Refresh Probably a very quick and easy answer for the right perso

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

d.brack

d.brack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Hi!  Please don't give up on me. I'm going to try to work on it today but I completely overdid it and had to take a break. Just wanted to let you know I'm not done. Thanks so much for your help.

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

No problem. I am here when needed.

d.brack

d.brack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I am going to take it to the shop. I am afraid I might screw something up. Thanks anyway!

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Okay, I understand your concern. Although if you found the jumper it is very easy to do. Good luck!

d.brack

d.brack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Thanks so much. I still have to try to get the operating system back on. I think I have found the instructions but if I need you I"ll let you know!  Thanks so much.  You have been more than kind and patient with me.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

Does this mean you were able to use the jumper to reset the bios and password?

Below are a couple guide to help with installing Windows 10. 

How to perform a clean install Windows 10

https://answers.micr...1625b08?auth=1p

https://www.laptopma...tall-windows-10

d.brack

d.brack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Yes, he reset the bios with the jumper. But there is something seriously wrong. It starts and just sets on the start screen. A black screen with the word Lenovo. It does nothing else. I have tried everything. Formatting my USB with Rufus and loading it from there. I have tried to set the bios to load the default setup files. I give up. It's gonna cost me $100 but I'm taking it back up to the guy and having him install the operating system. I'm done with. Disgusted. Sick of it. Etc. etc.  LOL  Thanks for your caring concern. You are one of the best helpers I've had here. I may be back. I have 4 running computers and am having trouble getting my XP loaded right. But I have to get it set back up. I hope I get you again. Thanks again.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
I understand it can get very frustrating and sometimes it is time for someone else to get it working for you. Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything else.

You are very welcome and Thank you for the kind comments.