Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

Loof

Loof

• Pip
  • 4 posts

My old Acer Aspire T180 running XP Professional has finally given up the ghost.

So I am looking to get a new comp.

I like tower PCs. Love Acer and like the look of Lenovo's (though I have never used one). I do a lot of image manipulation using mainly Photoshop and GIMP. Surf the net, and use open office for writhing and spreadsheets. I'd like a good, solid PC with a fast processor and a good size HD.

At present I'm still using the old VGA monitors and USB mouse and keyboard. I understand that some of the new comps require newer monitors but would prefer not to have to buy one as I have a loft full of old perfectly good ones.

The comp would be in my office next to my broadband hub so I could plug my LAN cable straight into it along with my Canon MX340 printer. But I would need to share the printer with other laptops running Vista and Windows 10.

This comp would be for personal use only, I'm not running a business it's more of a hobby thing, do my banking on, Ebay and stuff like that. So what I'm looking for is some sound advice on what's out there available off the shelf (Curry's/PC World) to invest my children's inheritance money in thats going to last me another 15 years.

Please advise. Regards Loof :0)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• 22,415 posts

:welcome:   Loof,

Can you tell us your maximum budget.

Loof

Loof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I would say no more then £650.

Loof

Loof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I would say no more then £650.

Should I take it that the lack of response to my enquiry maybe due to the £650 budget?