Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Why most of the people use OS X El Capitan for developing iOS apps?

mac os os x os x el capitan el capitan os

• Please log in to reply

markdanielclings

markdanielclings

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I currently running macOS Sierra as my operating system on my iMac. Also, I am using the X-code to developing iOS applications as a beginner. I have thousands of questions on developing iOS applications. The first one I need to solve is, I need to know the best Mac OS Version to run the X-Code. I heard some news about Mac OS X El Capitan as the best Mac OS Version to develop iOS applications. All I need to know is the El Capitan is the best Mac OS X  version to develop the iOS applications? 

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

On the latest version would be your best bet.

veronijohanz

veronijohanz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I currently running macOS Sierra as my operating system on my iMac. Also, I am using the X-code to developing iOS applications as a beginner. I have thousands of questions on developing iOS applications. The first one I need to solve is, I need to know the best Mac OS Version to run the X-Code. I heard some news about Mac OS X El Capitan as the best Mac OS Version to develop iOS applications. All I need to know is the El Capitan is the best Mac OS X  version to develop the iOS applications? 

X-Code is running all of the macOS versions, you do not need to downgrade your macOs version. Just use X-Code on current OS version and learn how to use the X-Code 

Edited by veronijohanz, 07 December 2018 - 09:00 PM.

veronijohanz

veronijohanz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

This is a common question I had answered before. The simple answer is El Capitan is the most flexible operating system in the Mac OS X product line. If you need more details on El Capitan OS use some external recourse. 

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Apple's official "OS X El Capitan" App Store link is: https://itunes.apple...5434?ls=1&mt=12