At my wits end trying to find an answer.
I have recently been ragging my provider (jazztel-Orange) here in southern Spain for slow and deteriorating internet speeds with pages very slow to load/buffering and at times won;t even do a speed test reading with Speedtest.net (Latency error) even though other speed tests which I can access show I am recieveing 85 to 95 Mbps download and similar upload on speedtest.es and fast.com (Netflix's own speedtest server)
I am paying for 400 (yes 400) Mbps download through fibre optic but I don't think my old Samsung can receive anywhere near those speeds.
Antivirus scans with my main paid for Gridinsoft Pro (sister company to Iobit) Malwarebytes and SuperantiSpyware produced little or nothing with no change in page buffering.
Maintenance done every day with Advanced System Care, CCleaner as well and I have even been down into the engine room and cleared the DNS cach after another suggestion.
This morning, after searching many answers on the internet for the last week or two, I put the laptop (Samsung R730 about 6/7 years old running Windows 10 64bit, Pro, 8gig Ram, and updated this morning) in to Safe Mode, rescanned for viruses and nothing.
Next to try was the interne in Safe Modet: Lo and behold, crisp almost instant page loading with no buffering and top speed readings on all three tests and fast.com was even reading speeds of between 100-120Mbps download.
Last week after speaking to my provider who did tests from their end said there was a problem with my ethernet cable. I took my not too old 5E cable down to the IT shop where they tested it and said "Nothing wrong with it". Anyhow, I still bought a new upgraded cable rated to 1Gig download speeds which I am now using, with no change.
Thus, this apparently puts the problem with my laptop and not my provider I believe.
Edited by Zanshin, 16 November 2018 - 08:04 AM.