Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can no longer set-up POP access to email addresses in Outlook 2016 Des

outlook outlook2016 microsoftoutlook

• Please log in to reply

Azma

Azma

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

I have been using Outlook 2016 and previous desktop versions on my computer for nearly 15 years. Not had problems setting up email accounts with POP access, apart from the usual headaches one suffers with Microsoft's software. 

However, since a recent Microsoft update, I can't set-up any email address with POP3 access! The only option is IMAP.

I've tried absolutely everything. Other people online have stated they are having the same problem and I've tried the workaround, such as using "Repair" on the email address in question after it's been set-up to switch it to POP account type, but nothing works.

There is no option anywhere at all to set-up via POP when setting-up or trying to edit an email address. See attached images as examples.

Does anyone know what I could do? Please help!

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image2.gif
  • Image1.gif

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

45 people said they were helped by this: How to fix error (0xc0000005)?

Related:

1) the application is unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 after windows update

2) Error Code: 0xC0000005

3) Other related links via Bing searck: Error Code 0xc0000005

sam smith

sam smith

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

increase server timeout, that may help you.