Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot find card reader

• Please log in to reply

mr mao

mr mao

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I'm trying to download the photos on my smart card through my firewire card reader. Two days ago when I tried this I was successful.

I swap out two PCMIA (?) cards -- one for my wireless connection and one for the card reader. In the intervening 48 hour period I swapped the cards out if this makes any difference. It is the only intervening variable I can think of between the first successful try and this last failed attempt.

I checked one of the utilities in my control panel in windows and the card reader is recognized by windows as operational. When I go to Adobe Photoshop Elements V.3, however, and try to open files from the "camera/card reader," I get the message "Device cannot be found."

I have tried the usual list of suspects, i.e., making sure the card reader and card were correctly installed, rebooting the computer after reattaching the aforementioned, and various and sundry things -- all to no avail.

Does anyone know have any suggestions. I suspect this is any easy fix but I am not sure what rock to look under. All the search engines I have tried in "Help" and various tech support pages do not come close to answering this riddle.

If you have any good ideas, thanks for your time.

P.S. I have a toshiba satellite A-15 laptop and I'm using Win XP Home Edition.

Edited by mr mao, 18 June 2005 - 09:32 PM.

Advertisements