Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

extracting multiple zip files

• Please log in to reply

frankdrums

frankdrums

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Hi, I'm new to this forum so forgive me if my question is stupid. I downloaded about 50 free fonts from the internet and I know how to extract them to my Windows/Fonts folder so they can be used in Wordpad, but extracting them one at a time is time consuming. Is there a way to extract them all at once or do I have to have special software for that? Thanks.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I know that WinRaR can do it, but all you have to do is select all and choose to extract to the right folder. If it doesn't work, then it's plan B. :tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
XP should be giving you the option to browse to where you want to extract the fonts to.

Or just extract them anywhere, then highlight one, control a (select all) right click and choose "move to folder", browse to your font folder. Then delete the other folder if you want to.
HTH
Johanna

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Download and install WinRAR.
Open it, browse for the *.zip/*.rar files you just downloaded, open the file select *.tff, press the ALT+W, this will extract the file/s on the same folder with the zip files stored. Repeat the procedures to all files. Once done, through windows explorer browse the folder where you extracted all files then select all (CTRL+A) copy it then paste at the C:\Windows\Fonts