Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adaptec

Best Answer phillpower2 , 12 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

I want to remove a program that I did not load but was in the in OS when I got the computer. The program is Adaptec U320 Ultra320 SCSI. When Try to remove, delete it I causes problems an... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Guy learning

Guy learning

• Pip
  • 2 posts

How to delete, remove, uninstall Adaptec U320 Ultra320 SCSI from a Dell laptop without causing OS warnings  and/or Bsod

blocking the use of the CD/DVD drive?

Removing 'a320raid.sys' causes this problem even when removed from the Register!

Anyone; No one can answer this?

Edited by Guy learning, 04 December 2018 - 06:22 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Sorry that you have not received any answer to your question Guy learning, it could be that folk are a little confused as to what you are trying to do and how come you are asking about a PCI-E card when the computer concerned is a notebook and not a desktop Adaptec U320 Ultra320 SCSI

What do you mean by "blocking the use of the CD/DVD drive"

Post the exact model name/ number of the notebook, the version of XP that you are running and whether or not you are able to boot into Safe Mode.

Guy learning

Guy learning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dell latitude C610 (old) laptop computer. I want to remove a program that I did not load but was in the in OS when I got the computer.

The program is Adaptec U320 Ultra320 SCSI. When Try to remove, delete it I causes problems and won't delete but returns.

What else can I say about IT???. The exe is a320raid.exe.

Using Win XP and I have tried safe mode, regedit, run prompt ,ect.

How to rid of it.

Edited by Guy learning, 10 December 2018 - 04:56 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

I want to remove a program that I did not load but was in the in OS when I got the computer.

The program is Adaptec U320 Ultra320 SCSI. When Try to remove, delete it I causes problems and won't delete but returns.

That is not a program, it is a PCI-E card as was explained in my reply #2.

a320raid.sys and a320raid.exe. are device drivers (most likely Dell) or critical Windows system files that should be left well alone, if you were able to delete either of the aforementioned you will most likely end up with a non booting computer