Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there a way for me to annotate the Subject line on a received email

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Using basic Yahoo mail, I often receive email messages (frequently with attachments) that carry no information on the Subject line. I would like to annotate that line myself, for example with a description of the attachment.

Is there a convenient way I can do that?

Thanks.   ....batpark

Advertisements

TooNew2

TooNew2

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Suppose you forwarded the message to yourself; that would allow you to edit the title, although with the limited space on the title line, not much information could be posted. You could use code numbers to represent some data, to lessen space needed. You could add any extra information needed to the text of the forward message while keeping the original text  (and heading) intact below.

Pegasus Mail, a mail client, has an annotation feature whereby one right-clicks a message and can add or edit a note. The note doesn't show until the message is right-clicked again or the message opened and the annotation tab clicked, so isn't immediately apparent as you seem to want. Messages with annotations are marked in the folders though.