Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

its all going slooooow (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 24 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Two things that commonly affect the % of RAM that is shown to be being used are how much physical RAM there is and what if any applications are running in the background, Chrome and Task Manager ru... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

We don`t close tech topics but if you are happy that you have no further questions we can mark your thread as being resolved.

Start a new thread on the upgrade forum when you are looking to swap in the SSD, we can take a look for the best bargain + help you with setting Windows up on its own partition.

Advertisements

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

cant think of anything else, we've tested and confirmed everything so all thats left for me to do is delete and re install a few apps to see if that makes a difference.....i believe we are resolved and  I thank you most humbly for your time and patience,  ive learned a great deal...i'll post up for the ssd when i'm ready to purchase

thank you bud

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

You are most welcome  :)

Just before you sign off, noticed that you had 30% RAM usage in your last Speccy report, Windows may have been checking for updates etc but if you can keep it in mind to check the RAM usage in the Task Manager every now and then it will let you know if you have something hogging your RAM, Google is one that seems to do this on a regular basis.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

i'll keep an eye on it, is there a general figure it should be running at so i have a comparison, its steady at 21% at the mo

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
✓  Best Answer

Two things that commonly affect the % of RAM that is shown to be being used are how much physical RAM there is and what if any applications are running in the background, Chrome and Task Manager running could for example possibly use 21% of your 12GB of RAM.