Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't log in

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

msdawn

msdawn

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I can't log into my computer because I don't remember the password. I've tried f8 on reboot nothing happens it just takes me back to the login I've tried turning it off in the middle of a boot and it still just takes me back to the login please help

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

You place us in a difficult position...

Here's an extract from our site's Terms of Use:

"Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc."

We would like to help, but as you can see we cannot do so.

However it would be fair to say that you could use a password reset disc that you set up (or maybe should have done) or reinstall Windows from scratch, but do make sure that your backups include everything you need and are reproducible before hand.

Perhaps the best advice is to try and remember the password, easier said than done, but trying your "usual passwords" looking through your paper records for notes you my have made, may help

Regards

paws