Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me please::;;27" 1440p, 144Hz, IPS, G-Sync Monitor

• Please log in to reply

jim304

jim304

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some help and opinions on the best monitor to purchase based on the above requirements.

I've got a 1080 TI FTW3 and will be looking to upgrade from my current BenQ 24" 144Hz monitor.

Having had the taste of playing on a 144Hz monitor, I can't go back to anything lower.

Therefore, I'll need something that's:

1) 144 Hz & above
2) 27"
3) 1440p minimum
4) Ideally not curved
5) G Sync
6) Below $800 AUD preferably

A current shortlist of monitors I'm quite interested in:
- AOC AGON AG271QG
- ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
- Viewsonic XG2703-GS
- Dell S2716DG
- Acer Predator XB271HU

Anyonr have any experience with the monitors listed above? Any other recommendations?

Cheers

Edited by jim304, 14 December 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hi jim304,

Go with what ever feels good to you, research your list, the only  real way your going to know is get something off your list and then try it.

belkinn1

belkinn1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Don't consider Dell S2716DG. It has very bad colors. Asus ROG and Viewsonic are really good. Just search what you need and buy that one.

belkinn1

belkinn1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Checkout the Asus PG279Q it has everything that'll satisfy your needs just perfectly and it's IPS while being 144hz. However,  check this https://appuals.com/...1440p-monitors/for more options as well