Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 logs show SQl Server Rollback Scripts and vc_red.msi - norm

Sql Server Rollback Scripts

• Please log in to reply

mtbk

mtbk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

After trying to research the many questions these logs raised for this newb, I settled on this section - please redirect as appropriate because I have no experience with sql servers, vc_red.msi, rollback scripts or the like.  I have a 1st gen Surface Laptop.  It came new with Windows 10S but, some time ago, I did the voluntary change to Windows 10 Pro to install software outside the Windows Store to support a new document scanner (all a while back and without incident).  I found these logs very recently.  One is dated 12-26 and references the installation of Microsoft Visual C + +  2010, which was not initiated by me, refers to a user not created by me ("MELISS~1") , client-sql server language, vc_red.msi which looks like it belongs with an OS older than mine, among others. The other log is from 12-22 and makes various references to what looks like a mobile version of Microsoft Word, 16.11029 (I have Office Home & Student), as well as other packages, installations and machine ids I can't begin to link to anything I know about my laptop. I'm a home user only - no linking a phone, no development  uses or skills (obvs).  I'm not sure if this is malware or nothing and, if nothing, just know that being nice to me anyway may point me in the right direction to learn.  Thank you very much!

mtbk

Attached Files

Advertisements

Nemesis-Dinu

Nemesis-Dinu

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  1. This might have installed with the pre installer of windows 10 Pro.
  2. Also as per the logs it indicate that .msi extracted the supporting files in temp directory under user folder which can be ignored.