Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OOPPS!

• Please log in to reply

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
After blowing up my main Hard drive, I bought a new one and was installing windows... I (in my stupid exhausted state) accidentally deleted my 250gb partition on my slave HD.. Only problem is.. it reads it as roughly 115gb, not 250gb (115gb was how much free space I had before on that HD)

I can't seem to format the rest of the data that is stuck on that hard drive, or find any other way to get the partition to get back to it's full ~250gb..

how do I go about doing that?

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
http://www.bootdisk.com

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i tried re creating the partition... it keeps creating only the free space.. not the space that was used before i screwed up.. how do i whipe the entire drive and get the 250gb back into 1 partition? cause right now, there's about half the drive floating in nothingness...

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok, i remember something about windows only accepting HD space up to 131gb... that's what this is stuck at exactly.... so i guess all i need to do is figure out how to get it back to the way it was, in recognizing drives larger than 131gb..?

but even in partition magic, it only reads the drive's max at 131gb...
however western digital lifegaurd tells me there's still data on that drive (there should be,.. if i can ever get to it... cause i did accidentally delete the original partition) can i still recover it?

Edited by phoenixfire, 19 June 2005 - 12:31 AM.

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
ok.... strange first off its 137 but thats not important, are you installing windows on this drive as the master drive? if so boot from the windows xp disk and delete all the partitions and then it should say 250 or close to it of free space then you should be able to make one large partition if its set as slave and you're using it as storage then the data lifeguard tools thing, which I have as well should ask you when you start it up if you want it to read drives larger than 137 then restart the comp if not... try using dos prompt fdisk command? reply when you try some more.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ah i see...

I havn't updated my new HD and reinstalled OS to sp2.. so it doesn't see the rest of the drive that is really there...

so I guess.. in my line of thought... once i finish downloading sp2 <gag> it'll see the whole thing.. from there I should be able to get my files back from a partitioned but unformatted full 250gb drive, correct?

this is the slave (250gb).. the master is a brand new 120gb drive.. replacing my old 40gb that will tomarrow be run over by a truck...

Edited by phoenixfire, 19 June 2005 - 12:54 AM.