Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about cooling.

• Please log in to reply

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

I am curious about something, I know about positive and negative cooling but here is one thing that I am not sure on.

I have 2 140mm fans at the front, pulling the air in, and I have 1 120mm fan for exhaust.  My curiosity is there is room at the TOP of my case for another 2 fans.  So if I have another 140mm fan for air intake, and then another 120mm for exhaust would that be a waste of time, or should I do 2x 140mm front for air in, and 2x 120mm for exhausts?

Advertisements

JOCY777

JOCY777

• Pip
  • 5 posts

As we know hot air rises and cold air sinks. So you can leave 2 fans at front and add second 120mm fan for exhaust to existing on back side. Or just add one for exhaust on the top of case.

belkinn1

belkinn1

• Pip
  • 6 posts

You can get better cooling by adding 2 exhaust fans on the top