Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Macafee phone locator accuracy?

• Please log in to reply

Jakef1966

Jakef1966

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How accurate is McAfee phone locator with the data switched off? My daughter's Android Moto X has macafee on it and I used it to locate her the other night as she was late back from London. The info I received seemed to place her about a mile away from where she should have been. Macafee sent her a text each time I tried to locate her - why does it do this, I thought GPS was on even with data off? Is it possible Macafee got the wrong location, or could be out by 20 minutes on her location?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

It is possible to stop your iPhone, or even selected apps, from tracking your location. Go to Settings tab, select Privacy and then select Location Services. You’ll see a string of apps that use location services. You can choose to disable them all by moving the slider at the top, or disable location services only for specific apps.

Also, is it still legal in the EU to use location tracking?

Edited by SpywareDr, 13 January 2019 - 09:40 AM.