Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 10 running extreamly slow, unable to do proper scans, crashes,

• Please log in to reply

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,094 posts

Click here for information about Microsoft.NET Framework.

If successful, restart the computer and retry MBAM.

Advertisements

SunnySeven

SunnySeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

In most occasions applications need Microsoft.net Framework. The computer has a very old version.

I really have no clue how this PC has been running from Win 7 to Win 10 without an updated version of .net framework all these years. This seems like something Windows 10 should have at least updated and installed before hand. I wouldn't know, I honestly don't use Windows 10.

Why aren't you able to connect?

I'm borrowing this PC, which was originally only connected through the router by its user and I don't really have any extra wireless routers or even any extra enthernet ports at home as they all are used up by my cameras and such, added to the fact that I have to make room for this PC+monitor+ mouse& keyboard as my router is connected in a small area. Yeah this PC is giving everyone [bleep]. I can try to see I what can do about the connecting online, worse case I'll end up buying a wireless router.

Edited by SunnySeven, Yesterday, 10:08 PM.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,094 posts
Were you able to install.net?

SunnySeven

SunnySeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

I followed the link on installing .NET Framework 3.5 and took a quick look. It looks like .NET Framework 3.5 already installed and checked in facted it looks just like what was in the link except instead of Framework 4.5 Advanced Services, this one is on 4.7

dotnet-control-panel.png

Maybe I'm missing something but you sure this PC doesn't have an updated version of .NET Framworks installed?