Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard problem - double typing

• Please log in to reply

carlos50

carlos50

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a problem with my wife's computer which is running a 64 bit windows. It is double typing all keyboard strokes. See this example to ease the understanding:

AASS AANN EEXXAAMMPPLLE E IIT T LLOOOOKKSS LLIIKKE E TTHHIISS ::))

It simply registers all keyboard strokes two times. I also have some unresponsive buttons like enter, pages up /down. I am not aware of any other symptoms.

We have also tried to clean the keyboard, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.

I have attached the two frst reports instead of paying them in, as I got a 403 everytime I tried.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Attached Files

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Do you have another keyboard you can try? Or, can you borrow one?

carlos50

carlos50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

I have an extra USB keyboard I can use and it types normally. But it is a laptop, so using it permanently is not really an option.