Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't get more than 60hz

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

I have a pretty decent gaming computer, according to iammykl.

However, I can't seem to get more than 60hz refresh rate.

I have a gtx 1070 graphics card, going to a TCL 55S405 4k 120hz capable monitor, connected with a gold plated 4k HDMI 2.0 cable. I went into nVidia Control Panel and could not, with any resolution that I selected, get more than 60hz in the refresh rate drop down so I went back to 3840X2160 native resolution.

I am exploring the option of a new monitor. I am a gamer, I live stream. I play League of Legends, First and Third person shooters, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Fallout 76, GTA V.... those type of games. 

Any input or new monitor suggestions? Less than $400. I love my visuals so I really don't want to take away from that, hence the 4k monitor I currently have.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,575 posts

The problem is, HDMI is ultimately a consumer interface designed for TVs.

For gaming at higher refresh rates, use DisplayPort or Dual-Link DVI instead.

For more details as to why, see this excellent page: Does HDMI 2.0 Support 1080p 120Hz? Addressing HDMI Questions - By Steve Burke