Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCSI to FIREWIRE

SCSI FIREWIRE USB

• Please log in to reply

Alindragulin

Alindragulin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi I recently came across a great IMACON scanner that is SCSI so I have to connect it to an old G4 Mac. I would like to rig a converter to convert it to FIREWIRE USB or thunderbolt so I can get rid of the old G4. I have heard it is possible and am wondering if anyone on here has had experience in doing so.

Here is a pic of the SCSI end that plugs into the back of my scanner. 

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Unfortunately no picture was visible in your post, but the usual solution in these circumstances is to fit a Scsi card into a desktop computer or use a converter. ( take all personal safety and anti static precautions)

In the workshop we used a Scsi to pcmcia adapter no 1461 made by Adaptec and these worked well on any laptop we happened to have lying around.

There are also adapters for Scsi to USB available usually on well known Internet action sites.

Regards

paws