Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to SEARCH on GtG

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Would someone please remind me how to search the GtG forum for a) Posts by me; and b) Posts by subject? Thanks. .... batpark

Advertisements

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

2 ways to find your own content .....

1. Click on your User Name (at top of page) and then click on My Content
  2. Click on Geeks to Go Forum (next to Search Panel in Title Bar at top of page) and then click on My Content

Not sure I know what you mean when you say "Posts by Subject" ..... can you elaborate further (I may or may not be able to help you, dependant on what you're trying to achieve).

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Gary R: Thanks for your response. By search by subject I meant -- how do I search for posts, say, on "alarm apps." or some other issue.  ... batpark

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

G2G's search function doesn't appear to be working at the moment, at least not for me, so I can't really help you at the moment.

However you could search just within G2G (or any other site you specify) using Google ... https://www.lifewire...website-1616499... and see if that allows you to accomplish what you want.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Gary R: Great. I never knew that about Google search on a specific site. Thanks much. ... batpark

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

You're welcome. :)

Google has quite a few useful "operators" like the site: one .... http://www.googlegui..._reference.html.... which can make searching more productive.