Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UEFI Graphic cards setup

• Please log in to reply

BozemanDoug

BozemanDoug

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

I have 2 Asus R7-370's graphic cards (not attached at present) in addition to my onboard Intel graphics in my Asus Prime Z390-A setup.

When I install the 2 (likely cross-fired) R7 cards, how should I set the following UEFI parameters? (note, I've attached my Speccy text file)

Graphics Configuration

Allows you to select a primary display from CPU, PCIE and PCI graphical devices.

Primary Display [Auto]

Allows you to select the primary display from CPU, PCIE and PCI graphics devices.

Configuration options: [Auto] [CPU Graphics] [PCIE] [PCI]

iGPU Multi-Monitor [Disabled]

This item allows you to empower both integrated and discrete graphics devices for the

multi-monitor output. The CPU graphics shared system memory size is fixed at 64 MB.

Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

RC6(Render Standby) [Enabled]

Allows you to enable or disable render standby support. Configuration options:

[Disabled] [Enabled]

DVMT Pre-Allocated [64M]

Allows you to select the DVMT 5.0 pre-allocated (fixed) graphics memory size used by

the internal graphics device. Configuration options: [32M] [64M] [96M] [128M] [160M]

[192M] [224M] [256M] [288M] [320M] [352][384][416][448][480][512][1024]

Also, I have 2 displays.  Both are attached at present to the onboard graphics, one with a Displayport cable, the other with an HDMI cable.  Any suggestions as to the best way to set up this combination of equipment if and when I install the 2 graphic cards?

phi

Attached File  ISAAC.txt   114.52KB   388 downloads

Extraneous background:  I've been having a hardware/software nightmare since early November.  I essentially rebuilt my entire setup, clean installed Win 10 4 times now, etc.,etc.  A week ago, everything was working very smoothly for 5 days when I tried installing the graphics cards.  I kept the output hooked to the onboard graphics, everything was fine.  When I switched the cables to the R7 cards and changed the UEFI settings, everything cratered, BSOD's, endless "Windows repairing" notes ..... Grrrrr!  I won't bore you further, but this is getting to my 76 yr old psyche.  

Thanks, Doug

Advertisements