My Current Specs:
Processor: Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Okay, so before I start this just know I am VERY hardware illiterate lol I have been on PC for about 10 years but never opened any up. I am just now starting to get into it. Anyways, Ill give a quick summary of what this post is about. I am finally going to work on upgrading my PC for gaming. Though, I have quite the budget. Temporarily. So I want to upgrade it piece by piece, little by little. So here it goes.
How do I find out what type of motherboard I have, and what graphics cards are compatible with it? From all the information I gave you above, I also gave to a friend who was able to tell from it that my motherboard was AMD. In that case, would the graphics card that I linked below be compatible with my motherboard?
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GD)
- New NVIDIA pascal architecture delivers improved performance and power efficiency
- Classic and modern games at 1080P @ 60 FPS. Recommend operating system is windows 10, windows 8 and windows 7
- Fast, smooth, power-efficient gaming experiences
- Support for the latest DirectX 12 Features. Recommended PSU-300W. Multi-view-3. Digital max resolution-7680x4320
- Delivers all the latest GeForce gaming Features. Card size: H=1.41 L=7.5 W=4.4 inches
^There is a link to the graphics card I am wanting to buy tomorrow. (The link looks weird but its just Amazon. I used a shortened link because the original length of the link covers half the page lol I left information below it in case you do not want to use the link)
I was talking with a friend about all of this (He doesn't know a lot, but more than I do) and he said that with a graphics card of that power I would need to upgrade my power supply. It is currently a Dell 460W. What would be recommended to work well with the graphics card I linked above? He said 600W would work fine. And the power supply would have to be Dell to fit inside my tower case, right? Would the link I give work for my pc?
If you need anymore information just ask. I will do my best to try and find it for you lol Any help greatly appreciated. Also, all of this is for a better GAMING experience, nothing else. The game in particular has these requirements:
- CPU: Info
- CPU SPEED: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 3 GHz or faster.
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or later (64 Bit ONLY)
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 series card or higher.
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
- FREE DISK SPACE: 20 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
Edited by EthanAnthonylol, 04 February 2019 - 01:48 PM.