Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

costume win7 usb disc

• Please log in to reply

darkmj16

darkmj16

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

not sure if this was the right spot, seemed like it.

but anyway can anyone help me with building a costume windows 7 boot media?

when i say costume i mean remove some window programs/features i dont use, edit services, remove/add drivers and progrms (all with out breaking the system)

BUT the current computer im using will be no more. plus its intel. my build is amd. while making this boot media i will have all the drivers from the parts manf websites.

i have a legit copy of windows 7, but its ooolllldddddd. last time i used it almost a yr ago it had 200 something updates then, so would like to update it also.

so is this something we can do (or has been done and theres a guide i cant seem to find)

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Yes, there are various tools/techniques for achieving this, the search term you need for more information is

"slipstream Win7"

etc.

Here is a tutorial to get you started:

https://www.howtogee...enience-rollup/

Regards

paws

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

that is great! thank you. just getting the windows updates was my biggest thing. programs i could just install later and the features disable later :/ 

has anyone used rt7 lite?