Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A Trojan or not a Trojan? [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

foxoff

foxoff

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi,

I recently installed Sygate and am still coming to grips with its use. The following files keeps attempting to reach my PC:

1 ) Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

File Name: svchost.exe

2) NT Kernel & System

File Name: ntoskrnl.exe

3) NDIS User Mode I/O Driver

File Name: ndisuio.sys

4) Application Layer Gateway Service

File Name: alg.exe

5) LSA Shell (Export Version)

File Name: lsass.exe

I looked at Bleepingcomputer and checked them but there is no entry there that indicates any of these are okay. In fact, some of the trojans and maware listed there have very similar app and/or file names, while the last one is exactly the same as a wprm, but the worm's file name is listed as being in capitals......

No big hurry here, but if someone would be kind enough to reply I would very much appreciate the assistance! :tazz:

fox

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Foxoff,

Long time no see....lol

All legit and normal :tazz:

Thanks,

Excal

foxoff

foxoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks again Excal.

If I don't post anything else in the next 48 hours, call the cops! :tazz:

Best,
Fox

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.