Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba power button broke

• Please log in to reply

Jessamycc

Jessamycc

• Pip
  • 4 posts
In November I lost my home in the Camp Fire in Paradise,CA... Well as I was evacuating or during my escape I somehow broke the power button on my laptop. The upper right corner of the plastic actually broke all the way off. I can fit my finger in there where the button goes & press what I think might be where I can turn it on but it will not turn on. I took a couple pics. Please can anyone help me get the power button working?

Advertisements

Jessamycc

Jessamycc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Heres the pic

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190214_082735-1.jpg

Mac29

Mac29

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Shot in the dark but if that smaller square object with the circle is actually metal I'm thinking you could try using a paperclip or something to bridge the circle with the larger blocky copper looking piece on the bottom. If that is what the lost piece/button does a brief connection may send the proper signal.

Otherwise I might look on fleabay for an entire piece to replace what's missing. Google the manual and or repair diagrams prob will show how to remove various pieces, or even youtube.

The one or two pieces might be a less $$ repair.

If no luck post back and I'm sure someone here can offer more assistance.

Mac