Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hard drive not detected

• Please log in to reply

BRsenior

BRsenior

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The power supply on my three month WIN 7 pc died.  (a refurb pc)  The company sent a replacement and I thought at first all was well.  The pc tries to boot up but I get a no hard drive detected error.  Checked connections and seem to be intact.  BIOS does not list the hard drive and not sure if  choosing another of the drop downs will work.  The pc is a Dell Optiplex 780SFF.    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,554 posts
  • MVP

See if the power supply has another HD connection you can try.

Does the drive get warm or vibrate when on?  If you remove it from the mount and power it up you should be able to feel the gyroscope effect when you turn it a bit.