Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitor Problem Windows 10

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

RonK99

RonK99

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello!

i upgraded from Vista to Windows 10 and would like for my laptop and my external monitor to both be on and stay on MIRRORED

If I unplug my external monitor from the laptop and boot up then the Laptop screen works

If i plug in my external monitor in the serial VGA port where it goes then when I boot up the external monitor works BUT my laptop is BLACK?

I have done many Google searches but in my Windows 10 where you go to SETTINGS and DISPLAY there is no 1&2 screens or anything really for multiple monitors...just at the very bottom it says DETECT other monitors BUT it does nothing if clicked....

It may sound Odd but when the laptop still was VISTA driven they both worked mirrored when the external was connected....Never had to set anything, it just worked

I can't find ANY multiple monitor settings anyplace and it is frustrating because all the Google searches I have done said look here or there for where the settings are to enable or disable multiple monitors, as I say I have none of the setting areas mentioned?  Hope that isn't confusing to understand what i mean...

Can anybody tell me how to fix this?

THANKS!

Ron

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Have you tried pressing windows key + P?

RonK99

RonK99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Have you tried pressing windows key + P?

Yes I did and it said My computer cannot project

Edited by RonK99, 26 February 2019 - 06:24 PM.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Open CMD on your computer with admin privs and type this

sfc /scannnow

Then hit enter so it will run, lets check your system files.

Also have you updated the graphics drivers?