Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal [Solved]

Reconnect freeze-up Highlights Page

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Does the problem still occur in Chrome?

Advertisements

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

It seems to have improved.  I tried to edit a post I had just made and it didn't highlight, but that was last night, not sure about today.  I tried 3 different post and it just highlighted it again and I can't do anything in the post.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi,

Try using a different web browser and see if the problem continues.

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

What do you suggest, IE dosen't find half the stuff I need,  Firefox just messes up the computer.  Until now Chrome has been the Best.   What are your thoughts on Bing.

I just don't know where to go.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi,

The reason I wanted you to try a browser other than Chrome, was to see if it was an issue with the website or your Chrome browser.
Navigate to the same website with Internet Explorer or Firefox. Let me know if you receive the same errors.

Once you have finished testing the other browser, you can use Chrome. This is just a test to see if it is an issue on the website's end or your browser.

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

I just answered some questions on a quiz, and created it in Paint.   I posted it and I could also edit or deleted it.      Now I will try again tomorrow and see if it stays.   Done in Chrome.  I will try doing it again in IE.  Will let you know after I have done it.  

Thanks,

Betty

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Well I duplicated my post in Bing, and it worked just fine.  Reinstalled Chrome and so far only had 1 reconnect.   Firefox wants me to download it in order to use the search.  I know it was okay in Bing and IE.

I just tried to edit my post in Chrome and it worked just fine.

Edited by Betty Boopster, 03 March 2019 - 09:57 AM.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
OK, let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hello,

So far today it has lost connect 3 X's.   I check again on deleting and editing a post, it will let me edit so far, but can not delete.

It was up to its tricks again.  Froze up and will not let me edit or delete.    I downloaded Firefox, and things seemed fine.  

Edited by Betty Boopster, 04 March 2019 - 07:47 AM.

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi,

We'll reinstall Google Chrome.

Launch Google Chrome. Click the Menu icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner. Then click Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.

Click the three blue dots in the upper right corner of the Bookmarks page. Click Export Bookmarks.

Save them someplace like your Desktop.

----------------

Press the Windows Key + R - this will open the Run box. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.

A list of installed programs will appear. Select Google Chrome and click Uninstall.

Make sure to select the Also delete your browsing data option when uninstalling it.

Now...

Go to the Google Chrome Download page and install Chrome.

To import your bookmarks, perform the same steps as you did earlier to Export bookmarks....but this time select Import Bookmarks from the drop down menu.

Let me know if the problem continues.

Advertisements

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

There were no problems today.  I managed to edit a post of mine, but I did not try to delete any.  But so far, acting good.   

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi,

Great :thumbsup:
Let me know in a few days if all is well.

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

will do.  Thank You.

Betty Boopster

Betty Boopster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

It froze up today for a while.   After that it seemed to be alright.  

iMacg3

iMacg3

GeekU PowerPC G3

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,921 posts
Hi,

If this issue persists, please run a new FRST scan and copy/paste both reports into your reply.