Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TotalAdblock removal

• Please log in to reply

BobScott49

BobScott49

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi. I have Totaladblock on my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone and I have been told that it may access my passwords and other personal info. I would like to get rid of it. Can you help me please?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

What if anything have you tried yourself.

Have you signed up to a subscription service with Total whose software this is.

BobScott49

BobScott49

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I did sign up. I have uninstalled the app, but I was told this might not be enough to prevent my data being accessed

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

If the app is not on your phone it cannot access your data and if Total accesses your phone without your permission as in using a backdoor they will have broken the law.

Cancelling any paid for subscription is meant to be rather difficult when dealing with Total.

BobScott49

BobScott49

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Okay.Thank you. I have no need to worry about any security certificate they have installed?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

As was advised, Total cannot legally access your phone so if there is no TotalAV app on your phone the only way that they could do so is through a back door and there is zero that you could do about that, you can`t remove what is not there, short version, they would have to use information that they already have to be able to gain access to your phone.

BobScott49

BobScott49

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Okay.Many thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

You are welcome  :)