Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a wireless HP printer to a W10 desktop

Best Answer batpark , 19 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

paws, TRS4L, 123Runner: Thank you all for your help. I was about to tey to convert to a wired setup when I tried one more time, and it worked after all!. The problem was with the router passwo... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Can someone please point me to the HP tip sheet that describes how to reconnect a wireless all-in-one HP 2450 printer to a W10 desktop? I had to change my router, and that caused me to lose the connectivity. Thanks. ..... batpark

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

http://h10032.www1.h...anual/c03847745

The section you need is around chapter 16, titled "Print from a wifi enabled Computer

Good luck

Regards

paws

Ps if in trouble just use a USB cable... it can be a lot simpler!

Trs4L

Trs4L

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I struggled with this for the longest time. It would be a nightmare to get it functioning the first time, only for the driver to continually become "corrupted" after every reboot/power off. I believe it was the deskjet 2543 or something of that nature. Once I realized how much time and suffering was being put into this $30 headache, I ended up browsing facebook marketplace or craigslist for a replacement.

Ended up with a great Brother LASER printer, instead of the old inkjet, with an extra unopened toner, for about $40. The installation was a breeze, printing is now painless and quicker than ever, and I'm urging you with every part of my tech-mind screaming at myself for being a quitter to do the same. :laughing:

Edited by Trs4L, 09 March 2019 - 01:33 AM.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Paws, Trs4L: Thank you both for your advice. I had managed once to connect the HP wireless deskjet printer but I am about to give up doing it again. I found the HP support site to be worthless. (It is bad enough that HP (and other guys too) don't give you answers; it is worse that they desecrate their sites with endless and shameless bragging abou thow they are "dedicated to service. et. etc." 

paws: Re your suggestion to go back to a wired-printer set up: I am for that! Can you (or anyone else) confirm that this HP 2540 all-in-on will work with a wired connection? I have the printer-to-PC cable; I just need to extend it a couple of feet. I assume I can buy a cable with a USB female connector on one end and a USB male connector on the other end, right?

Trs4L: Your comments could not have found more receptive ears. If this direct connection (I am done with wireless!) doesn't work I'll be going the same way. How did you find your replacement unit?

Again, thanks for your inputs. ......  Batpark

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

The users guide has everything in it to allow you to set up the printer. It does not reference win 10 but the steps have to be similar.

There is a section on wired via USB.

http://h10032.www1.h...anual/c03847745

NOTE: When I looked at the system requirements Win 10 was listed.

Edited by 123Runner, 14 March 2019 - 05:27 AM.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
✓  Best Answer

paws, TRS4L, 123Runner: Thank you all for your help.

I was about to tey to convert to a wired setup when I tried one more time, and it worked after all!. The problem was with the router password. The tech gave me one that was wrong! When I used the pw on the router's label -- all worked ffine.   ... batpark

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Thanks for letting us know.

Glad you got it sorted.