Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new win10 user needs help, badly. (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer darkmj16 , 06 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

My m.2 sets kinda in the middle of the board. Butni dont think its ever reached 30c. Now my data drive which its a 3.5 sits right in front of my intake lol good case design there. When i was gamin... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

darkmj16

darkmj16

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

first let me say i am very pissed and getting more and more agitated by the minute bc i really, really hate windows 10. but bc those greedy asshats wants to make everything new run on their new crap OS here i am with a $1000  build that i cant even enjoy bc it is nothing but a pile of s*** with a bigger pile of s*** OS. "o its so great" blah blah blah, well then lets fix this so i can have the same response bc right now im about to sale this build for $15 and go back to a 4core.

current programs (in order when they started)(f***ing s***y microsoft bull)

4tb ext. hdd never had a problem with before, sudden goes raw and crap. 1st time plugged into win10 from a win7. w/e attempting a recovery bc theres 2tb of data that i just cant replace (like pics and docs) but w/e f*** you MS. i blame win10 bc the last time i used it on win7 no problems. 1st time on win10 and boom. next issuse.

bluetooth headset that literally works on every single of my 13 deviceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet has bluetooth will not work correctly. 1st when connected it shows 2 devices. 1 marked as handsfree and the other as sterio. next the mic marked as handsfree will not...idk work. again works just fine on everyother tested devices. ive searched and searched and gave up. ive unistalled every driver and reinstalled ive gone though the bulls*** privacy settings and everything but the mic just will not pick up sound. BUT NON WINDOWS apps will see the mic, and see the mic activate. but will not get sound. im pretty sure this is a windows setting seeing as how the stupid OS doesnt even see the mic activate to test it. the speech mic setup what ever also fail. and dont get me started with the joke of those troubleshooters. a blind def mute monkey could do a better job.

next, it seems to be slowing way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa down. for no reason. yes i ran avast scans, boot scans. ive ran mbam and guess what, nothing. not even pup. go figure. so need to check that out bc a ryzen 1700 on a asrock x370 tachi using a wd ssd on the pcie 3.0x4 running at full speed shouldnt be feeling like a windows 98 computer.

next i feel like is a ram issuse or something bc as you noticed i got tired of backspacing those really long spring of letters and incomplete words. ya thats not me. thats me typing away and the computer just going duuurrrrrrrrr. 

internet problems! seems like its dropping but not to the point to send a no connection warning but dropping enough to stall... well everything. page loads, downloads, online games, andd it does show up in the event logs bc appearilty the update service hasnt been able to get any windows updates, even though the windows update checks telling me theres no problems and im up to date...

took a browse though the event log... what ever its full of errors and warning but doesnt seem like techs care about it. idk do what you want with that info. i just dont like seeing all the errors and warning. especially when i hvent even begun to modify the OS like windows 7(services wise) (correction ive download  programs? that have changed the UI, gives it a windows 7 look. these programs have been verified as clean and stable. so dont tell me those are the problem.

o is it normal for win10 to be running about 180 processes? ik in win7 if i saw that many processes going id be rebooting that sec into safe mode and looking for the virus or program doing that.A

sorry for the angry post but... you go from a good OS with no problems to an OS bc you 'have' to when you dont want to and theres nothing but problems. 

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Replace Windows 10 with ZorinOS: https://zorinos.com/

Works for me.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Hey darkmj16.

Can I ask how long you have hard your external hard drive?

What headset make and model do you have?  Did you update the drivers from the manufacturers website?

Have you done a clean up on the hard drive? Have you made sure that there is enough room on the hard drive and that it is not full nor nearly full?

Have you done all the windows updates?

What is your computer specs?

Have you rebooted your router?  Have you rebooted your ONT box (if you have fiber)?

Go to start > type CMD > Right click and click run as admin > Type sfc /scannow > When it is finished, please let us know if there was any errors.

Did you do a clean install of windows 10 or was it an upgrade?

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

so many questions lol. SpywareDr, that does look inviting but im not on a touch screen, i do not want touch screen bs. i just want a simple desktop and start menu lol.

KiwiProbie lets start; had the drive for over 3 years. just did a smart test on it before this, all very well into the green. the drive is off getting pro recovery. any stupid recovery program i used kept returning 7tb of data from a 4tb disk.

dont know the brand of headset. its a generic one. but the model is mx666. cant find any specific drivers for it. everything i find say its plug and play. which is true for literally everything i connect it to, except for this computer. worked on my win7 computer i had.

yes. i dont like random files or driver or programs hanging around. or leaving dead ends for the system to hang on. main drive is about %60 full

yes, every. single. thing. is. updated. yes all the drivers, windows, apps, programs, bank account, check book, my insurance for the dmv.

specs are: asrock x370 taichi, ryzen 7 1700, msi armor radeon rx570 8g, g.skill flare x 2x8gb dual channel ddr4 2400, wd black 250gb nvme m.2 2280 ssd. evga g2 gold 550w. all attempting to run on this stupid win10 home build 17763.rs5

that router is another clunker i have to reboot that thing everytime my internet goes out or about once a month so that it refreshes itself. its not mine so i havent really done much with it. i suspect a firmware update for it. netgear r6100. cable internet.

this copy of win10 is technically an upgrade from win7 home... but i dl the win10 copy from MS (put in my win7 key) put it onto a usb on my laptop then did a clean install on this one.

doing scan now... to think about it lately ive been getting blue screened... a loooott. but i kinda narrowed it down to if a driver is trying to be verified boom blue screen. so the cmd verify will bluescreen me

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 67% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\Windows\system32>

well... f me running. that took a whole 5 mins for the scan to say that. how is it going to do 67%, tell me this, and quit. What the... what about the other %33

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Ok now lets try this because my thinking is the errors are causing the problems:

Go to start > type CMD > Right click and click run as admin > Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth > When it is finished, please let us know if there was any errors.

Edited by KiwiProbie, 19 March 2019 - 08:43 PM.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

well this cant be good

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online/Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17763.1

Error: 87

The online/cleanup-image option is unknown.
For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

side note, i read that log from the verifaction scan, tons and tons of warning! duplicate directory owner what not. also there were actually errors in the log from the scan

Edited by darkmj16, 19 March 2019 - 09:16 PM.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
OMG i forgot some spaces... heres the result

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Image Version: 10.0.17763.379

[==========================100.0%==========================] The component store is repairable.
The operation completed successfully.

Edited by darkmj16, 19 March 2019 - 09:21 PM.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Nice something I was hoping for:

Now for this:

Go to start > type CMD > Right click and click run as admin > Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth > When it is finished, please let us know if there was any errors.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
umm... i think theres an error. it was moving along nicely but then stopped at 86% and its just kinda sitting there... with that flashing line to type at...

nvm it just jumped to 100% and is just doing whatever

Edited by darkmj16, 19 March 2019 - 09:54 PM.

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Ok, thank you for that.  To make sure these are fixed please do the following again:

Go to start > type CMD > Right click and click run as admin > Type sfc /scannow > When it is finished, please let us know if there was any errors.

And

Go to start > type CMD > Right click and click run as admin > Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth > When it is finished, please let us know if there was any errors.

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379]
© 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Can you please got to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log and please copy the log here?

darkmj16

darkmj16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
ya sry i was not about to split this log up into 10 posts. im too tired for that.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   2.73MB   721 downloads

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Quick question are you in the windows insider program?